Notes | Tutorial 34Date: 2020-08-31
- problem: if I don’t feel good about a simpler word use a more technical one
- extra parens -> more cluttered
- trying to hard to copy what the paper says (outlining) instead of explaining the ideas
- idea: maybe should have added commentary at the end of each subsection.
copying the parts i didn’t like is confusing – ppl might as well just read the original.
- ET: what are important ideas, only write about those, not redo the rest, give self more leeway to reorganise it, alter the presentation, use own examples, etc.
- todo: write alt version - not outlining; explain it myself.
advance and answer method
- example: http://curi.us/1595#12793
- the post is in two parts - one advance, one answer
- tree-out http://curi.us/1595#12793 discussion
- analyse first level replies: https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/Ze6PqJK2jnwnhcpnb/chains-bottlenecks-and-optimization
- and other material from http://curi.us/2371-analyzing-quotes-objectively-and-socially
- work on checklist and improve, check “social dynamics summary notes”
- effort-based analysis
- who’s putting in how much effort?
- who’s asking for how much effort?
- who’s reacting to who
- who gets to question who?
- who answers?
- who ignores counter-party requests?
- who gives hints and expects the counter-party to figure out what he means
- who’s happy with status quo, who want’s change, who’s needy?
- calm is high status
- who’s framing of the issue dominates?
- who’s signalling expertise?
- social thing: okay to lie to prevent people being discouraged
You can leave a comment anonymously. No sign up or login is required. Use a junk email if not your own; email is only for notifications—though, FYI, I will be able to see it.
Comments powered by Talkyard.